All About McKenna’s Ordering and Shipping
As a professional photography lab, we get a lot of questions about our ordering and shipping process. While we love answering your questions over the phone, sometimes it’s easier to find the answer you’re looking for online! Here are some of our most frequently asked questions about ordering and shipping prints with McKenna.
What ordering software does McKenna use?
When printing with McKenna, you have 3 software options available to fit the experience that works best for you!
- Easy Order
- Sports and Events
What type of file does McKenna require?
We accept the following types of files for printing:
- JPEG RGB 8 bit
Please note: If creating a new composite, set it up at 300 DPI.
What color space do you use for printing?
We print in the sRGB color space and recommend our photographers use it when editing as well.
Can I order a custom sized print with McKenna?
Definitely! Here at McKenna we offer custom sized prints for both photographic and metal prints.
How to order your custom prints:
- Take your image into Photoshop and crop it to the desired end size.
- Go to Image and Canvas size. Enter the canvas size as the next largest standard size available from McKenna.
- In the grid at the bottom of the box, click on the upper left corner to anchor your image to one corner of the canvas.
- Switch to the McKenna ordering system and order the image as the larger print size. Be sure to put your request for the print to be trimmed in the order notes!
- The price for your custom print will be the same as the larger print size. On metal prints, there is an $11 trim charge per needed cut.
What are the in-house times for products from McKenna?
The average product in-house time at McKenna is between 1-2 days. All products ordered through McKenna are shipped out in no more than 4 days unless a rare inventory issue occurs.
How can I get my order rushed?
If you need an in-house order rushed, please put the request in the notes section of the order. While we do not charge for rush requests or guarantee them, we always try our best to accommodate any request submitted.
What is the automatic $10 charge in my shopping cart?
Each order from McKenna has a required minimum of $10. If your order total is less than $10, you will be charged the difference to meet the required minimum.
Will I be charged sales tax on my orders?
Most states require sales tax. However, If you are a reseller, you may be exempt. Check with your state government to find out who is eligible for sales tax exemption.
If you are exempt, forward your sales tax resale or exemption certificate to us. We will file your exemption, no longer charge you sales tax. Please email your certificate to email@example.com.Sale Tax Download Forms
Can I drop ship an order directly to my client?
Yes! We can drop ship any order to your client through FedEx or Speedee ground service for just $7.50. When you choose drop shipping, the product will be shipped to your client and the paperwork will be mailed to you.
To choose drop shipping, indicate your preference on the second Check Out window titled: Dropship (Ship directly to Client). When you choose this option, a new window will open and prompt you to enter the drop ship address.
What do I do if my product arrives with shipping damage?
This is rare, but does happen. If your product arrives with shipping damage, it is important to do a few simple things.
- First, keep the product plus all the original packaging and shipping box.
- Give our customer service team a call.
- Many times, you will be asked to take some images of the item and the packaging.
We will always work hard to make sure to get you what you need when you need it, if at all possible.
If you have more questions about our ordering and shipping process, don’t hesitate to call our customer support team! We’re here to assist you with all your pro lab printing needs.